Monday, January 24, 2011

Food (Fail) Blog

So, since I've been living on my own, I've been attempting to fend for myself for Dinner.
The past few days I've been eating a lot of sushi and chicken and ... Icecream sandwhiches. 
But we can blame my dad for the ice cream. He told me to buy it.


The other night I had some friends over, we were going to make some mug brownies. And you can just buy regular old brownie mix and pour it into mugs and put it in the microwave.

As long as you do it right.
I was missing vegetable oil for this mix. I asked my friend if she had any, cause it only called for 1/4 cup. She had sunflower oil and we decided that would work as a substitute. 
OH MY, NO!
...I had a brownie on fire in my microwave. Really! It was only in there 2 1/2 minutes. (this also isn't the first time I've had something catch on fire in my microwave in under 3 minutes)
After a few more messy attempts, and realizing after the third mug, I gave up and decided it wasn't my error, it was the sunflower oil.
My lesson learned. Vegetable oil =/= Sunflower oil

 As for Sushi, I've been going with my friend K, Who might start a blog soon, to a few different places. We usually hit up See-Q Sushi, they have a really nice bento box, but the other night I showed her Hoi's Sushi Buffet.
$20 for all you can eat of the entire menu. This includes things like soup, dumplings, sushi, sashimi, and even a steak cut up so you can eat it with chopsticks! Only catch is if you leave food on your plate you're paying for it. Helps keep waste down. The only bad thing we came across was the Philadelphia Rolls. They used baked salmon and cream cheese. And BOY were those really rich.

So what does my tyrant Tybalt eat?
Certainly he doesn't eat human food, or drink tea..


He eats Spot's Stew with hot water added to it. And he's gotten so much bigger since I've had him. He's got so much energy I really don't know what to do with him. He's picked up the habit of actually bouncing off the walls.  I promise to get video. Really, I can't believe he does it.
Not only is Spot's Stew holistic, it's also endorsed by Ellen Degeneres. Why that would make a difference? I don't know. But I love Ellen anyways.



As for tea; I've been drinking it like a fiend. just getting over being sick, so I take in all I can get.


Anybody have any realllly simple cooking recipes I could use to make something for dinner/lunch/breakfast?
I've been cooking these chicken breasts I've got. And been doing pretty well with it. So maybe I could attempt something new.

Hope you enjoyed reading it.

2 comments:

  1. The brownie fiasco would totally happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL the last pic of your cat!
    That sushi looks amazing. Can't say the same for the brownies, though.

    ReplyDelete

Say what's on your mind. Go ahead and ramble on a bit, I don't mind. :)