Saturday, December 11, 2010

Giving up Coffee...

Well. I know coffee isn't good for me. But learning that God told me not to drink it is a whole other matter. :P

Since I've been going to the LDS church as of late, and the missionaries, which have now become pretty good friends of mine, have now taught me about the Word Of Wisdom And how I should follow it. It really is common sense, but with so much supporting it, I think I can follow it better.
The only issue is Coffee.
Now; I've got heart issues. I should respect my heart a lot more than I do now. If I'm not careful with drinking caffeinated drinks, I end up with chest pain. It could be a lot worse, and will eventually take a toll on me.
Same with Sugar, but that's another story.

But EVERYBODY in my household drinks coffee. They drink fantastic amounts of it. My step-brothers can easily burn through a pot or two. Mind you it's usually two or three of them contributing, but still! Can you imagine your heart after that!?
If you're in Canada; you'll understand one name. Tim Hortons. D:!

Might I note, that is hot chocolate there.


I can drink herbal teas and stuff without caffeine, like hot chocolate, so that's okay. I can do this. I haven't had a coffee since... When did the missionaries come by? Wednesday? I've been groggy and grumpy, but that's to be expected with not drinking coffee after having a habit for how many years?



Hot Chocolate with a little extra
Cinnamon apple Spice herbal Tea



I'll do it. ... If I have to..
What a sacrifice...
I mean look at those unappetizing beverages I have to drink now...


*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind. Go ahead and ramble on a bit, I don't mind. :)